From:
EandS4959 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 16:15:17 EST
I am looking for any info on other Children's Hospitals who have Lactation
Consultant positions.
I am meeting with our administration, on Wednesday,  to work on creating
atleast one (prefer 2) full time positions. We would cover the ICU's (
nurserys and peds), the floors, outpatient, community referrals, phone follow-
up and staff education. We are proposing 7 day/week coverage.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm a RN, IBCLC in a 59 bed NICU. Our manager values breastfeeding and
scheduals 24 hours (total) per week for us (there are two of us) to work with
Breastfeeding Mothers and babies. Down side is when the unit is busy we loose
our time and get pulled back to the bedside (nurse roll). This is most of the
time lately. If we can get positions we will not get pulled back in.
Please E-mail me privately  ([log in to unmask])
TIA
A. Kim Sweet RN, IBCLC