From:
Jon Ahrendsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:01:31 -0500
But it is not the health care professionals place to tell a mother she must
bottle-feed, or she must breastfeed, for that matter, in any situation.  We
don't need the docs permission for this,
folks!!!

This really struck me as another example of our warped society.  It is
commonplace for Drs. to tell mothers "You need to bottle feed."  Most of
our medical colleagues would not bat an eye at hearing such a comment.
 However if the medical professional would say, "You need to breastfeed."
 They would be viewed as a zealous fanatic and accused of creating quilt
and not allowing mothers to choose.

We really still do have a long way to go.

Jon Ahrendsen MD
728 Maple Lane
Clarion, Iowa
50525