From:
Paula Ray Hiett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:33:25 -0500
Ok - I admit it, I liked the show Charmed ( about 3 sisters who are "good"
witches), course, I liked Bewitched as a kid too.  But, the purpose of
this letter - did anyone else see the show this last Sunday? The eldest
sister is a breastfeeding mother, and was denied access to a local
restraunt because she fed the baby while seated at a table.  The rest of
the show included a thread on the crusade of the baby's Aunt, who works
for a local newspaper, to protest this injustice against her sister. The
show ends with the aunt riding up as "Lady Gadiva" to the restruant and
giving a speech to the crowd on the rights of Women to feed their babies
in public, winning over the crowd, and "forcing" the restraunt owner to
remove his " right to refuse service" sign.  Although off the beated path,
the show made a wonderful and timely appeal for the rights of nursing
mothers.  Yea to the writers !

Paula Ray Hiett RNC, IBCLC
Longview, Texas