Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:54:14 +0900
On 26/01/2007, at 12:45, laurie wheeler wrote:

> The baby on the breast does not looked well latched to me, and the
> baby on the bottle looks like her lips are stretched too wide.
> Neither is my idea of a good latch.

I believe this is because the bottle image is a result of digital
manipulation of the breast image. The baby with the bad breastfeeding
latch has just had its virtual lips stretched wide apart in
Photoshop, no other alterations, to accommodate the image of the
bottle. If you zoom right in, you can see the digital artefacting
around the corner of the mouth.

A couple of people asked me where I "found" this image:
http://www.factoryofinfinitebliss.com/wordpress/files/sucklingbabies.swf
so I just thought I'd clarify here: this is just the two images at
the original advertisement, overlaid, with the transition
demonstrated, to make it undeniable that the advertising images are
falsified.

The page is owned by a friend of mine, who overlaid the graphics when
I requested an opinion on the original images, and gave me permission
to post it here.

Lara Hopkins