From:
kym smythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:03:31 -0400
Hi all,

I'm working with a mom who's baby just died at the age of 3 months.  SHe
was born with trisomy 18.  Mom had provided her milk via a pump in
style and is debating how long to continue.  She wants to adopt in the
near future.  I'm not sure how realistic she is being and I have
encouraged her to contact some adoption agencies.

She wants to know what hormonal influences might continuing to pump have
on her emotional recovery from the loss of her baby?  We have already
discussed oxytocin and the effects it might have, as well as the highly
individualized responses to grief, etc.  Is anyone aware of any
research, etc?

Please reply to me privately.

Thanks so much,

Kym