From:
N J SHENK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:05:00 EDT
I find it very interesting that you have found that the literature speaks
of large breasts like this.  Actually it goes with what Floyd
Schanbacher, Phd  told our group once when he was talking about lactation
at the cellular level.  (He is a professor of dairy science and spoke at
ILCA in 1996)
If I remember correctly (anyone else at that OLCA meeting or with more
knowledge please correct me!), he said that cows that were obese during
the formation of the mammary gland did not get the fat properly laid down
and actually were poor producers of milk later in life.  Of course our
group of LCs all wondered what  this did or didn't mean for the human
species.....
Natalie Shenk BS IBCLC
Ohio, USA