From:
Anne Grider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 21:06:47 -0400
I would suggest testing the pump with a guage. One port would be closed off.
The guage is then inserted into the one remaining breastshield and pump
turned on. It should read 50-200 mm Hg in phase I and 50-235 mm Hg in phase
II on a Medela Pump In Style Advanced. If it is under l yr. it is still in
warranty. If all is well, she can also try different sized breastshields -
both smaller and larger.  Of course, we'd want to make sure she hadn't
changed how she pumps. Fewer, but longer pumping sessions can make a lot of
moms very uncomfortable.
Hope this helps,
Anne Grider, IBCLC
Marietta, GA