From:
Kara Kaikini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2013 22:35:20 -0500
Hello,
Our lactation program has been spinning it's wheels for months trying to
come up with an efficient, effective way meet the needs of our Level 3NICU
population (900 patients/yr) on top of the 2600 mother-baby couplets/year
(and of course phone calls, outpatient visits, research, education, etc.).
I'm working on a proposal for more FTEs (we currently have 2.8, I think),
but in the meantime I'd love to hear how other hospitals of similar size
have made it work. How do you not miss NICU mothers? Do you have NICU
patient moms or nurses make appts? Do you have one LC dedicated to one
section?
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!
Thank you,
Kara Kaikini, MS, IBCLC
Maine