Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:16:26 EDT
<< And it won't help a woman with primary glandular insufficiency, am I right?
 I think that it needs functional mammary tissue to work on - so there's no
 use in giving it to a woman who has had no br. changes, no colostrum or milk
 expressed, basically a breast that isn't going to produce milk because it
 lacks the equipment for the job. >>

yeah, but there can be a reduced amount of functional tissue in there, and
who's to know? i say, give it all you have got, because sometimes after many
weeks there is a small amount of milk. and some is better than none. and
since as we know, babies can be fed with one breast, two half-functioning
breasts would be sufficient. but i think the key thing is to try to build up
a supply for a long time, not just a few days and then give up.

and yes, let's get that person who is throwing them in upriver.
grrrrrrrrrrrrr. i am sick of mothers giving up in despair over their
troubles, which can all be traced back to management in the first 24 hours.

carol brussel IBCLC