From:
Jennifer Crooker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:45:00 -0600
Dear LactNetters,

I am the La Leche League Global Publications Directory contact person for
Arabic language breastfeeding materials.  I have received a request from
a health worker in a city with a large population of Somali refugees who
need breastfeeding information.  The person was under the impression that
Somalis speak Arabic when in fact they speak their own Somali language.
I am interested in hearing from any of you who might also work in the
cities where many Somali refugees were resettled to know if any materials
or protocols have been developed for assisting them.  The specific
concern that was given to me was that many Somali women don't believe
they have any milk until their breasts feel full.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide,

Tasneem Jennifer Crooker
LLL Leader, Norman, OK, USA
Global Publications: Arabic