Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:57:56 -0500
Thanks so much for the reply.  For some reason I was attributing the swallowing difficulties to yet one 'more' dysfunction.  I could tell baby was fatiguing, and figured that the work of feeding and sucking/swallowing was exhausting, but I guess I was just impressed with how significantly the suck/swallow function was altered, especially as baby has no color changes.  According to mom, the Cardiologist felt the murmurs and the Wolff Parkinson White were both not significantly impacting baby.  Granted baby has good color and is growing, I guess it's just that the ability to breastfeed effectively is not seen as a worthy parameter for evaluation of level of functioning :-(

Anyway, mom and dad and baby are a great fit for each other and I think they will weather these storms well.

Thanks for all your tips,

Casey Clubb, RN, IBCLC
West Linn, OR