From:
Marsha Glass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:29:31 -0500
Hi All,
I haven't been consistent on LN for a while.  My job difficulties a year
ago really hit me hard and I have spent the last year recovering and
trying to start a new private practice where I won't have the
restrictions to my practice that the doctors I previously worked with in
my job imposed on me nor the harrassment.  If you are not familiar with
my situation, you can do a search of the archives and read about it.
Suffice it to say, I lost my job for dubious reasons, to say the least.
Well, I have an update for everyone.  The other thing I have been
working on is what I wrote in the subject line.  Yesterday, my attorney
filed a complaint with the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity
Commission) charging my former employers with discrimination and naming
the doctors specifically.  I will not take up space here, partly because
this is an open list and anyone can read it, so will not share anything
more specific.  If you would like to be kept updated, email me
privately.  Otherwise, I will let you all know what happens.  It is my
desire, not only to change things for me and for my colleagues in this
area, but for LC's everywhere who have told me their tales of being
shamefully treated by those in power at their facilities, most often
doctors.  It screams of discrimination to me and I hope to get others to
agree and shed some light on our situation.  I know I have your support.
That meant the world to me when this all started 2 years ago and
especially last year, when the bottom fell out for me!  BTW, I am also
doing some prn work for a very small hospital now.  I love being in the
hospital, but my previous experience sure left me gun-shy!

Marsha, whose stepson will soon be deployed to Iraq....

Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future
generations as all other earthly causes combined.