From:
Nofia Altman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 13:00:01 +0200
How does the health system work in the States/Australia?

Here a woman has to register at the hospital where she plans to give birth
several months beforehand.

 We (some BF activists) were thinking of writing a pamphlet that could be
kept at the hospitals, and given to women when they come to register.
Registration starts from 12 weeks on.  Do any of you know of a hospital
that does such a thing?  We figured this would be a good way to counter the
free formula that's given after the baby has arrived, since many women
don't make up their minds about BF until the baby's out, and then it's easy
to get discouraged and seduced by those free packets.
We might include lists of LLL groups and BF counselors, as well as
childbirth educators for women to contact prior to childbirth.  Any ideas?

Nofia Altman
Human Milk Advocate
LC-in-Training
Beit El, Israel