From:
Cynthia Good Mojab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 22:50:24 -0700
Fiona wrote: "She is  a little prone to blocked ducts and is
understandingly reluctant to wake a happily sleeping child for night
nursings at this age, although she will happily nurse him if he wakes."
Does this mother sleep with her six month old? If she does (or if she would
like to consider doing so) she may find that he "looks" for her in his
sleep and will more than happily (and healthily for both parties) relieve
her of some milk while still asleep. Signs of readiness to nurse include
movement (body, face, mouth, eyes). I know several (even much older)
nurslings, including my own, who nurse(d) at night without fully or even
apparently partially awakening.

Cynthia Good Mojab
(Breastfeeding mother, advocate, independent [cross-cultural] researcher
and author; LLL Leader and researcher in the LLLI Publications Department;
and former psychotherapist currently busy nurturing her own little one.)
Ammawell
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web site: http://ammawell.homepage.com