From:
"Linda J. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 14:58:26 -0500
HA! This article is great justification for telling moms to enjoy hot fudge
sundaes, fresh strawberries, vanilla ice cream, and anything else they want
to eat. All those foods are great for the soul and spirit, whether or not
the article is an April Fools Day joke and whether or not the foods entice a
baby back to breast. Frankly, I don't see babies refusing the breast because
of the taste of the milk, because they've been tasting the mother's regular
diet in her amniotic fluid for months. But that's another conversation
entirely.

Taking some prescription-grade chocolate sounds like a great idea to me,
regardless of the "reason" and regardless of whether one is still
breastfeeding a baby.

All this is purely IMHO, of course.

Linda J. Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC
Bright Future Lactation Resource Centre