Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:37:07 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
I have a client with a history of thyroid cancer who had a thyroidectomy in 2001, at the age of 17. She had been managed with Levothyroxin 175 mg and is now pregnant with her first child (permission to post).

We have requested collaboration for her thyroid management, with her otolaryngologist and he requested a T4 Free, Thyroglobulin Level, and TSH. Her TSH had dropped from 2.55 at the onset of her pregnancy to 0.03, last drawn in July. T4 levels started at 10.4 and dropped to 2.22, then 1.3 in as of July. The otolaryngologist who knows way more than I do about regulating thyroid levels is absolutely thrilled about this and as of July, requested no more labs until postpartum. Not only am I nervous about not obtaining more levels through pregnancy (since even my hypothyroid gals are screened each trimester and yes, we verified twice that he knew she was pregnant), but I am concerned about how this might impact her lactation experience.  

Thoughts? Resources?

Penny Lane MSN, CNM
www.Believe Midwifery Services.com

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this e-mail message is legally privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of the e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return original e-mail to us at [log in to unmask] Thank-you.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2