From:
Dave Underhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 22:11:16 -0400
Hello to everyone around the world that is providing such great
breastfeeding support!  This is my first request on lactnet, and my name is
Dixie Whetsell.  I am a Certified Lactation Educator, and do breastfeeding
support for a WIC(US nutrition program for women and children)program, and
also volunteer for Nursing Mothers Counsel.  I thoroughly enjoy reading my
lactnet messages even though I never seem to get caught up.  I am currently
working with a pregnant mom due in late May that has Chronic Fatigue
Syndrome(CFS).  This is her first baby and she is planning to breastfeed.
I would like to find LC that has worked with moms with CFS, and talk with
some moms with CFS that have breastfed.  Also interested in latest research
on CFS and breastfeeding.  This mom says the information she received from
CFS group stated that breastfeeding was not recommended, although her OB
and pediatric physicians are encouraging her to breastfeed.  I have
searched lactnet archives and have gotten some info and contacts to work
on.  Please private email at my husband's address.  Thanks again for
creating and being this great community!
Dixie Whetsell,MS, CLE in Oregon