From:
Pam Wiggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 21:55:29 -0500
Hi all,

Do any of you ever suggest letting the baby nurse "just a bit" to relieve
engorgement in a mother who is bottle-feeding?  Have you ever seen a mother
change her mind and breastfeed after doing this?  Why wouldn't this work?

I once lived next door to an old retired army doctor who was head of an OB
unit in an army hospital during the 40s and 50s.  He kept the mothers in for
10 days and they breastfed whether they wanted to or not. They  HAD to and
most continued to nurse because the "problems" were remedied while in the
hospital.   Things have sure changed, huh???  Drive-by birthing now.

Pam Wiggins, IBCLC
http://www.bookzone.com/breastfeeding
Pam Wiggins
L.A. Publishing
WHY SHOULD I NURSE MY BABY? and BREASTFEEDING: A MOTHER'S GIFT
http://www.bookzone.com/breastfeeding     [log in to unmask]