From:
"Alia Heise, Birth Doula, CLC, PCD(DONA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:14:32 -0400
Does your WIC office have a Spanish translator on staff? I know ours does and she translates all the bfing resources we need into Spanish for us....but I assume if there was a Spanish speaking staff member in your office you may have already thought of that. And there are A LOT of (great) handouts on that CD to translate....what about networking with some of your state's other WIC clinics to see if someone there as already done it for their office? Or could you dived the handouts between translators within the state's clinics to cut done on the work load for one person and make them available in all the clinics, with Diane's permission- as once you had them all translated you could even perhaps share the translated versions with her so in the future she could make Spanish version available on her site?

-Alia, CLC, PCD(DONA)
Finger Lakes, NY