Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2013 09:24:48 -0600
Marketing is insidious.  The reps that are chosen are the most friendly and personable possible.  They hook up the idea of friendship with the rep as equal to quality of the product.  Reminds of the movie Jerry McGuire!  Companies are not people they don't care about people, they care about survival and profits.  Are we surprised?  And get this:  governments don't care about people either.  They are in it for power and survival.  The only people that care about people are people.  Individuals.  If your moral code says that you are responsible for your neighbor, you will get to know your neighbor and know whether your neighbor needs a hug or a kick in the pants.  If you believe that companies,  governments and people without a moral code to live by  are going to do the right thing, you are living in Pollyanna-land!  Just my 0.2 worth.  I am close to signing off Lactnet permanently.  I've seen a lot in my 44 years in the nursing profession and the more I see, the more I'm convinced of my opinion!    Someone has to be constantly on the alert to blow the whistle on violations of previously agreed upon boundaries.  Yesterday I found 2 boxes of Enfamil materials in the childbirth classroom.  I called housekeeping to put them in the trash!