From:
Michelle DePesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:23:09 -0500
Dianne Oliver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Betsy Riedel writes:
>

>>  I think that sometimes these women have invested so much negative
>> energy
>> in worrying
>> about what they don't want (and how the hospital is going to ruin
>> their
>> birth experience), that they have spent little time educating
>> themselves
>> about how they can help themselves and what the actual physiological
>> birth
>> process is about.
>

> Yes, this is true.
>
>   I see the bottom line with this type of approach to birth (or
> anything,
> for that matter) to be a simple, universal principle of life, and that
> is:
> "Be careful what you wish for.....for you just may get it."  That is,
> be
> careful what you set your mind towards, because the laws of attraction
> (or
> call it whatever you want) will invariably draw that circumstance
> towards you.

I am confused; I think I am getting a different message than what is
meant by these posts, but is this saying that women who have horrible
births bring it upon themselves with their thoughts and "energy"? Or
that women "wish" for bad births? I am having a hard time with this. It
sounds like the institutionalized birth machine is being totally let
off the hook in favor of "blame mom".

Michelle DePesa