Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:39:05 EST
Winnie talked about:

> I have heard of
> similar programs where the teens are required to carry an egg with
> them and keep it from harm.  That eliminates the feeding choice, but
> doesn't have the feedback.  With BTIO the person directing the
> program gets a computer readout of how well the "parent" responds to
> the "baby's" needs.

I may have shared this before too -- if I have, delete it and excuse the
brain cramp...  Timothy's (he was 15) health class had to "make" a baby -- as
in, they couldn't use a baby doll or egg, or anything else.  It had to be a
manufactured baby starting w/ a 5 pound bag of flour/sugar to give it weight.
 So Tim made "Whitney" (a girl -- his name if he hadn't been Timothy) -- who
was dressed in a t-shirt that had the "Eat at Mom's" and the bottle-busters
sign on it, and carried it in a sling around school.

He may have been the only student there that did it -- but he enjoyed the
reactions of the other guys, especially.  I have a picture of him taken that
morning -- all (let's see, I guess then he was only about 5-10) with his
(then) bleached blonde hair.  I keep it as a bookmark in my Bible -- marking,
of course, I Timothy.

Jan in Wheaton....