Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:30:56 EDT
Loni,
    I have found that if there is doctor willing to learn then empower
him/her with info.  In the long run they will be your best source of strenth
in educating others.  The office staff can be useful as well.  Recently, one
of our new doctors told a mother with hx of depression that she needed to
decide if she was going to breastfeed or take Zoloft.  The two would not be
compatible.  His other 2 associates are more familiar with this issue and
less conservative.  I gave several articles to the Nurse Practitioners and
they made it their mission to further the education on a peer level.  I have
had other office managers welcome any new info to be faxed to them as well.
Good Luck,  Sharon Lemon