Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:19:36 -0600
>I really don't think I've been slinging anything.  If you would go
>back to my posts and re-read, I did not ever say that ALL CLEs fit the
>problematic category that I described.

Chris, you also need to calm down.  I never once said that you personally
were the one with muddied hands.  This has gotten out of control, I have
addressed it, said how things were perceived by some of us, and now we are
getting beaten down for having such feelings.  That is not only unfair but
just plain rude.  It would be better to acknowledge that we have these
feelings, see that there is a need for support and then move on.  I stated
that there were hurtful things said over the last few days.  Just because I
am the only one discussing them doesn't mean my inbox isn't full of messages
from others who just haven't stepped forward.  LN is a wonderful resource (I
have said this several times too!), a resource that I can never, nor do I
wish to ever replace by this study list.  I appreciate your suggestions
about ICLA, we will be discussing such things on the new list.  The things
we will discuss will be an extension of LN, and at this point everyone who
is a group member is also a member of LN, that is how I prefer it, that is
how we'll learn.

I don't need to see another post about the importance of licensure, it is a
personal choice for some, and we should allow that.  Of course at the same
time we should also be sure that since we aren't IBCLCs that our clients
know that (I know I said that before too).  The obvious problem here is that
people said things that were hurtful, even if not to particular people
(although I don't know how we could not feel singled out since all CLCs,
CLEs, etc were lumped into one big category!), things were still said.  No
one can take them back. For hell's sake we all help women, let's just move
on.

Melisa
~*~*~*~*~
Did you hear? Breast is Best!