From:
The Hamiltons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 19:39:39 -0500
Carol Brussel wrote:

> so how do the rest of you convey to a mother that the doctor is wrong? perhaps
> discussing techniques will help us to deal with this even more tactfully.

As an LLL Leader, it's especially important for me to be tactful in conveying
this, and sad to say I have to do it pretty often. The best piece of advice I ever
got on this was to simply say "I'm really **surprised** that your doctor (or other
HCP) said that. In (reference) it says (correct information.)" Repeat as
necessary, strengthening the emphasis on "surprised" as needed, supplying as many
references as possible and sharing them with the mother.Joanne Hamilton
Foley, AL
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]