From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:44:21 -0700
If our culture didn't insist on bras, large breasts would be far more
comfortable for their owners. It's mostly bras that make being well
endowed miserable, IMHO.

This is Catherine’s opinion, but having fit women for 30 years with bras and
having watched my mother as a seamstress work her magic of fit and
camouflage on women since I was 6 years old, I think the right bra for a
large breasted woman is very important.  There is only so much weight that
is comfortable.  Women in most cultures are not hereditarily large breasted.
This has come to us via the pharmaceutical industry in the form of the birth
control pill and then once again post-menopause via HRT. Older women clients
complain about this induced and undesirable breast growth just when they are
being diagnosed with spinal osteoporosis.

Womens breasts have been artificially grown to be the cup sizes we see now.
I collect vintage bras, bathing suits and swimsuit photos from the pre-pill
era and most women were slim and small breasted. Fewer than 10% were D cup
in the 1950’s.  Though there is less use now, there was a period of time
that steroids and hormones and antibiotics were in all our animal foods.
Besides stopping diarrhea disease, feed lot managers know antibiotics put
more pounds on the hoof at $$ sale time.  We should know we will be heavier
on the hoof if we eat that animal.  There was a story on the web about a
French family who greeted their daughter after she was an exchange student
here.  Besides gaining some weight, her bust had become huge. They blamed it
on our food--though I would include water fluoridation in that blame.

Women who have had breast reduction are some of the happiest women we have
met in our business.  This can be compared to the procedure actor Nick Nolte
had--a testicle tuck.  He said they were hanging down to his knees and he
had it done so he wouldn’t sit on them. So whether male or female, I think
if someone is uncomfortable they should do something about it—-especially if
their insurance pays for it as a medical reason.
Judy Ritchie

--
3:33 PM