From:
Yvonne Bannister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 23:21:05 EDT
Friends,

With the mothers permission I am posting the following:

"I'm feeling a bit blue today.  I'd really like to start trying to have
another child, but our infertility doctor said that he would not treat
us until Kayla is completely weaned.  I can see his point, the drugs
involved could be harmful, and would probably dry up my milk.  Well, I'm
not going to wean Kayla prematurely for the sake of a child who will
probably never exist no matter what we do."

Her baby is 4 and really does not want to wean.  "His main reason seemed to be
that if I had embryos implanted in my uterus, the contractions caused by
nursing could expel them.  I know that women get pregnant while nursing all
the time, so if I got pregnant the 'normal' way, or even if I did another GIFT
(where the embryo goes
down the fallopian tube to the uterus), I wouldn't worry about that.  However,
if embryos are placed in the uterus through the cervix it might be much easier
to dislodge them.  I don't know, and I'm not sure if anyone knows."

Does anyone have any ideas and/or suggestions for this mother?

See ya,
Yvonne
Yvonne C. Bannister, IBCLC
Private Practice/Baby's BestFeeding
"A mother holds her baby . . . who lovingly holds her breast and gets the
best!"