From:
Laura Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 20:56:11 EDT
Thank you Teri for saying what was on my mind also. One of the biggest
complaints that I heard when preparing for the exam in 1991 was about the
"slides." It is very different looking at the slides & a real person. You can
also ask the real person questions about the situation to help you get to the
diagnosis. I think that looking at slides & taking practice exams do help one
to become a better test-taker. No one follows the student LC (nurse, doctor,
dietician, etc.) to see if she is competent to become certified. We all have
to take tests to show competency. It's not an ideal situation but it's the
best one that we have in our society. I hope that those preparing for the exam
do get the oportunity to take practice exams & view slides.

Breastfeeding Support Consultants used to have a practice exam including
slides. You may want to check with them as well a local/state lactation
associations.

Laura Hart, BSN, IBCLC
Winter Park FL