From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:31:31 EDT
Dear Friends:
     I have to agree with Susan Jacoby's quotes about Dr. Lucas, which left
me feeling very disappointed and angry after attending a talk he gave. I
can't find my notes from his talk, but I remember being amazed at some of the
things he said, which were of a similar ilk to what she quoted.
      He has done fabulous research which clearly shows that human milk is
the right food for babies of any age yet he does not give strong support to
either breastfeeding or human milk, at least when speaking in public to
health care professionals! He has some very clever and sophisticated ways of
denigrating breastfeeding and human milk, and more clever and sophisticated
ways of implying that his special preemie formula is the best thing.
     Warmly,
Nikki Lee RN, MSN, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CIMI, CCE, craniosacral therapy
Adjunct faculty, Union Institute and University, Maternal and Child Health:
Lactation Consulting
Supporting the WHO Code and the Mother Friendly Childbirth Initiative