From:
Mary Kay Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:31:23 -0500
Dear group,
I'm looking for some ideas for a speaker on Collaborative Skills. I am
part of a group who is putting together a conference and one of the
ideas we had for a speaker was on this topic. I have someone who is
extremely qualified to do this talk as he presents for non-profit and
for-profit organizations; in fact has written several books and
publication on Collaborative Skills in Organizations.
My task is to acquaint him with the issues of cross disciplinary
collaboration (in terms of breastfeeding) that we would like to have
addressed. I need to provide literature on specific issues, some touch
points to address and background material as he is not familiar with the
issues we face. (Respectful disagreement and doing what supported the
mother's choice to breastfeed was one that immediately came to mind!)
I'm planning to provide him with some basic information about benefits
of breastfeeding , Baby Friendly initiative, barriers and obstacles, and
some WHO code background information. I welcome any ideas you may have
to help give this person a crash course in breastfeeding politics.
TIA,
mary kay smith
Romeoville, IL