Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:53:44 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I need some input and advice. I'm having a hard time finding the info I need! I am a midwife at a birth center in CA, and also getting my practice off the ground as an LC. I am having cases where clients need donated milk, whether it's d/t FTT, adoption, etc. I am coordinating with some local donors who are willing to pump and donate, but it's not enough. I am wanting to start an actual milk bank/storage facility/donor milk station, whatever it might be called.  I have some GREAT resources at my fingertips in the form of moms who choose to birth with our practice, and who might be willing to participate in this. I am also connecting with local milk-share groups. What do I need to know to get this started? (or not! :) Are there major legal hoops to go through? Can it be just a casual thing, with a separate breastmilk freezer, and give to moms who have need? I'm brainstorming and feel like I'm going in circles trying to figure out where to start. lol

Thanks for any and all input!

Jennifer Stewart
IBCLC, CPM
California, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2