From:
Marilee Woodworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 12:00:22 -0500
I heard on the radio that the Eddie Bauer corporation is including in it's
benefit package for employees a home visit by a nurse 2 days post-partum to
check out the baby, see how the mom was doing and help with breastfeeding.
That's verbatim. They are concerned with early discharge and instead of
waiting for insurance companies or the health care system they decided to do
something about it. Now hopefully these nurses will know something about
breastfeeding. Also in their corporate headquarters, they have a room where
moms can express or feed their babies. Isn't that great. I'm going to go
order something from my Eddie Bauer catalog.
Marilee Woodworth, IBCLC, LLLL, Ann Arbor, Michigan