Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Aug 2011 05:47:27 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (32 lines)
"I was curious whether anyone could recommend any sources for the continuing ed piece of the new IBCLE requirements. The 8 college-level classes are easy enough to complete through any community college. CPR certification is easy to obtain. Medical terminology and ethics for LCs is available through Health E-learning.  Has anyone found a provider of classes on medical documentation, occupational safety and universal safety precautions? I've done a little hunting and haven't had any luck. I suggested to Health E-Learning that they develop online classes on these for all the folks taking the exam in future years and they don't plan to expand their offerings to include this.  Has anyone else looked for these classes and have you had any luck? Thanks!  Dana Lauducci LLLL, Branchburg NJ"

Aren't we an International credential? It appears to me that Americans are completely unaware that the 2012 guidelines, while, IMO a pointless, but at least potentially attainable exercise in clambering to be accepted by people we should not care to be accepted by, are actually impossible criteria in many other countries. 

I live in France where there is no such thing as a community college. Unless someone speaks, reads and writes English well, she cannot take such courses through distance learning either. So, we have in effect, eliminated all non-medical IBCLCs throughout much of the world. Intentionally? Well, the push has been there for a long time.

I am thoroughly disgusted. In a country with the second lowest bfing rates in Western EU, with doctors who know far less about breastfeeding that even American docs, I wonder how eradicating non-RN/medical IBCLCs a good idea. 

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, France
Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2