From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:55:07 -0800
The only thing that worked for my second daughter's (exclusively
breastfed as she was born at home) severe cradle cap was squeezing out
natural Vitamin E from the liquid perles and spreading it on her head.
I left it on overnight.  The next morning the attached scales just
combed out of her curls with a fine comb.  We did this a few days and it
did not come back.

I wonder if this is an essential fatty acid deficiency on the part of
the mother.  She should probably be taking some raw oils stabilized with
Vitamin E herself.

I was BF my toddler while pregnant with number 2 and wonder if the
breastmilk was getting most of my essential fatty acid stores.  That's
the only question and regret that my two are so closely spaced.  I fell
for the "You're almost 30, you should have your children by 30" routine
25 years ago.

Judy Ritchie