From:
Becky Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 12:20:24 -0500
Hello all,
I have not been on the list for sometime (I got too backed up with e-mail
and had to get off all lists for a while) but now I have a
question/problem that I think all your collective minds may be able to help.

I have a client who called the other day to say that she has some
discoloration of one of her breasts.  Her baby is 7 months old and is
exclusively breastfed.  She was in the shower and noticed that the breast
is purple.  It is not a bright purple just a mottled purple from just
behind the areola all the way to the chest wall all around the breast.
She is experiencing only very slight generalized soreness.  She
experienced no trama to this breast.  Has no palpable masses and no
history of fibrocystic disease or other breast malady.  She is not overly
concerned but would just like information as  to what this is and if
there is any reason to be worried.

TIA

Becky Hanson, AAHCC, DC, LLLI
In Cold Rainy Illinois