From:
Joy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 14:55:54 +0800
Nancy Williams asked about constipation in babies/young children when they
are on solids. I had a similar problem with my daughter, but only after she
was weaned at over 2 years. We had tried all sorts of laxatives, etc, when
a there was a set of letters about the subject in the NMAA Newsletter. One
of these suggested the use of chiropractic treatment, as this had worked
for someone's baby who was still breastfed but also on solids. I tried
this, and things did get better, but I cannot be sure it was the total
answer in my daughter's case, as she did also begin to eat more fibre-rich
foods at the time. Just thought it might be worth this mother trying a
chiropractor.

Joy Anderson IBCLC, NMAA Breastfeeding Counsellor
Perth, Western Australia