From:
Linda Rosetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 00:51:45 -0500
Lactnetters,
I have a mom who had breast reduction surgery.  Looks like she had the works,
very little sensation, nipple moved etc.  How much lee way would you give
this mom and baby before you went to an SNS.  Mom really wants to try.  I'm
thinking watch for signs of colostum and start supp with SNS depending on wt.
voids stools.  I would start SNS on day 3 or 4.  What's been your experience?
 I've never worked with a mom after reduction that has wanted to try. I also
was wondering about journal articles regarding management. TIA  in balmy,
budding Washington state.

Linda Rosetti RN,IBCLC
Clarkston, Wa.