Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2011 04:22:44 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (31 lines)
I've been asked to compile a SHORT list of websites that could be shared with health care providers that are working on improving maternity practices.  Their goal is actually reducing maternal mortality connected with pregnancy and childbirth, but as you know, good maternity practices will lead to healthier mothers and better breastfeeding.

What would be your nominations -- and why?

I have started with:

1. Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine (www.bfmed.org ): all health care providers interested in improving maternity practices in their agencies should have at least ONE member of the ABM!  Their protocols are updated regularly, their journal, Breastfeeding Medicine has up to date research and their conferences are aimed exactly at their needs.

2. www.Breastfeedingtraining.org  is a website that will provide the education required by the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative to physicians, provides CMEs and is free.

3. American Academy of Pediatrics Breastfeeding Initiative (http://www.aap.org/breastfeeding/)  links Health care professionals to local breastfeeding coordinators so that they can create collaborations, provides access to the residency curriculum, portions of which could be used in Grand Rounds, self-taught modules, etc.

...do I add CIMS?   Baby Friendly UK?  

Remember I'm limited to 5 or so - I'd love your input.

Jeanette Panchula, BA-SW, RN, PHN, IBCLC
California, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2