Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 09:29:22 EDT
A mother has contacted me with a 10 day-old baby.  The mother suffered a
stroke 9 years ago that paralyzed the entire left side of her body.  Her
question to me is, "How likely is it that milk supply on that side will be
affected by the paralysis?"  I realize that she can most likely feed her baby
entirely on the other side if she wanted to.  However, I am curious if any of
you have worked with someone in a similar situation?
Thank for any help!
Cher Sealy, RN, BSN, IBCLC
Montgomery, AL