From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 02:23:04 -0500
>In the BAB and WAB, LLLI recommends the following progression of solid foods:
>
>1. Ripe banana, avocado, yam or sweet potato as first foods

For my two, combined, it was
1.  Magazine covers
2.  Oak tree flowers (it was spring)
3.  Rubber bands from my husband's braces
4.  Ice cream sneaked to him by his grandparents (aaugh!)

And, within a couple months of starting solids, my younger one had
mushrooms from the yard, carefully fed to him by big brother.  ("Now, make
sure Eric doesn't get over to those mushrooms" - how naive can a mother
get?)

I was delighted by the lactnetter whose baby started with dead flies from
the window sill.

Diane Wiessinger, Ithaca, NY