From:
Pamela Edenfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:28:49 -0500
Winnie, I am interested in your use of Joy for breastpump equipment.  I
also contacted the makers of Dawn to see if we could get sample sized
bottles for our moms.(I liked it because it could get the colostum out the
dried on the shield part). I told the company that this would be great
marketing, but they were not interested and I couldn't find the sample
bottles anywhere anymore.  I even told the two pump companies that we deal
with to make a container of soap available, but they passed it off as well.
There were some sample sizes out in the stores about 4 years ago, and some
in our gift bags, but nothing at this time.  I started putting the soap
into small plastic containers, but was told that we were only to use
solutions from origninal containers (I had a typed label on the
containers). I knew it was something from OSHA, but never heard exactly
what the rule was.  Can we do this with a label explaining the purpose?  If
so, I will reinitiate this in our unit.  Our moms do need something to
clean pump equipement with.  I have been giving them a sample of the Medela
wipes, but most moms will not buy them.

Pamela Edenfield MSN, RNC, CNS, CLC, IBCLC
Perinatal CNS, Lactation Consultant
Youngstown  Ohio