From:
PHYLLIS M KOMBOL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 02:48:05 EST
Hi lactnetters!

Thanks to all who've helped me find ref and resources on
cup feeding.  My file has begun to look quite respectable.

Now, if you would be willing to give me some ammo,
the following questions came up:
1. Which other major maternity centers do cup fdg? and who
does not?
2.  under what circumstances?
3.  Who decides (do you get dr's order 1st?)
4.  who does it? (Some controversy here, because we
show parents how to, but the nurses won't/can't so
there's no one to help them with it when the LC is
not there)
5.  what kind of LC coverage do you have (some think we'll
have to have 24 hr. coverage in order to do this!!)
6.  And one more: what do you use? (I think medicine cups
work fine, one company's soft valved device is appealing
to some who just like sophisticated-looking devices; but I
also thing hollow handled med spoons work good--and
this hosp is giving one away as a freebie!)

Would you-all be so kind as to reply to me e-mail?
TIA bunches!--Phy