From:
Ronald Whynaucht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 13:13:48 -0500
Hello to all!
There was a wonderful segment on the news magazine TV show "Dateline"
(?NBC?) last evening
featuring Dr. Sears and attachment parenting, calming a fussy baby, etc.  I
was at work in my OB setting and the mom I was assisting had it on.  Wish I
could have watched the entire segment.  What I did watch was so
refreshing!----supportive of breastfeeding to the point of saying that he
actually recommends breastfeeding as many as 20 times a day if THE INFANT
NEEDS to Yippee!  He had a way of making it permissable and loving, as we
KNOW it is.  The mother that I was helping with breastfeeding was most
impressed.  Gosh, it would be so wonderful if all parents could have a
copy.  I wonder if all the right people were watching----you know, the ones
who think we're nuts if we nurse closer than every 3-4 hours.

Have a nice day!
Barb Whynaucht,R.N.