From:
Lori Buendia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:57:13 -0700
Remind me to ask you about this tomorrow.
  lori

Emily Lindsey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  While I was rounding at the hispital today a local clinic sent a mother
over who was said to be having minor issues....that was putting it lightly.
1) mom winced with every move that caused large breasts to move as well
2) evidence of fissure on left breast, minor though
3) evidence of beginning some issues on right breast ver minor
4) barracuda latch, but beautifully on, no mouth issues or palate ssues
apparent
5) bright pink and red!
6) describes as needle going into breast on right side, could not even
attempt on left..pain even after done feeding persists as burn, etc

mom says she was prine to vaginal yeast infections before PG, no antibios
on delivery or after and baby had no signs of thrush yet...sent mom to WIC
to get breat pump, told dad to get her some sort of nipple product for
healing and to call doc (after I left message about possible thrush. Her
pain just did not add up for the baby doign so well (weight is awesome) and
she literally was crying with teasrs streaking down her face when her left
side was even touched by a hand (her own when she took her bra down)

I told her to please get a follow up appt with the IBCLC at WIC or call and
I would see her again while doing rounds on Monday (and gave her number for
weekend if has questions)...any other guesses besides a bad thrush??? I was
floored at the pain she was in, but she was dedicated...thanks for the info!

Emily Lindsey, BSPsy, CLE
Private Practice
Merced, CA

All commands go to [log in to unmask]