From:
Sheila Angalet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:08:12 -0400
Dear Friends,

I've tried in vain to search the archives for the last two days (I keep
getting the message "user identification failed" - the software doesn't
recognize my screen name!!). I need help.

I have a mother - eight weeks postpartum tomorrow (9/11) who received a Depo
Provera injection last week at 7 weeks pp. Baby is fully breastfed. Baby was
6 pounds 6 ounces at birth and is currently approximately 10 pounds.

While her physician has assured her that the DP injection is safe for
breatfeeding mother (as has her pediatrician), and I have read to her from
the BREASTFEEDING ANSWERBOOK - she is still concerned it may have long-term
(or unknown) effects on her son.  While she loves breastfeeding him, she also
is having thoughts that she is harming him by having had the injection. (Yes,
we have talked about risk vs benefits, making informed decisions based on the
knowledge at hand etc.)

Does anyone have anything else I can cite to her to either reassure her or
convince her that this is harmful??? Or, can someone tell me how to get past
the message I'm getting so I can access the archives myself?

I'm currently no-mail so would appreciate if not private responses, someone
to please collect list responses and forward them to me?

Thanks so much! I appreciate it!
Warmly,
Sheila Angalet
LLL-Edison, NJ, USA