Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:20:35 EDT

Trish writes:

all of  us had trouble conceiving, difficult pregnancies, and some
difficulty  breastfeeding due to high
palettes, Raynaud's, etc...but none of us had any  problems with milk supply
and we all breastfed exclusively for over a year  with each of our children.

Wow, interesting. This is quite parallel to my younger sister. Tried
conceiving for 5 years, IVF worked the first time, very hard pregnancy with meds
and bed rest, extremely long, traumatic labor, but delivered vaginally, my
nephew had a high palate and posterior tongue tie, released ( the bloodiest
one  I've ever seen by far), went on to breastfeed maybe three times per
day since my  sister still had a lot of pain (I really wanted him to have CST
but it didn't  happen) with every feed, and she pumped for a year, even
though e self-weaned at  around 9 months, and she was surprised and devastated
for a while. He is now 3,  has had speech and has OT and a Social Worker to
help manage his behavioral  issues. Smart, beautiful boy, but one of the most
challenging kids I've ever  seen. How much is late-age conception, how much
drugs, traumatic labor, how much  her DNA/neurology, who knows ( she was a
sweet little handful herself at  times...:)

Have their been compilations of this kind of data at all? I am seeing more
and more babies with beginning of life histories like this, and some moms
do  have supply issues as well, some babies never breastfeed others perhaps
partially at breast.

Peace,
Judy