From:
Susan Z Condon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 23:57:30 -0400
Dear Brenda,

In the first addition of the Breastfeeding Answer Book (blue soft cover),
aloe was not suggested to be used on sore nipples as ingestion by the baby
can cause diarrhea.  In the newest addition of the BAB, I couldn't find any
reference to the use of aloe.  This leads me to believe that since it isn't
mentioned, it shouldn't be used.  Perhaps all we can ever do with a mom is
make sure we give her current information and let her decide what is best
for herself and her baby.  It sounds like you have done just that!

Susan Condon, San Francisco