From:
Jim Hinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 20:16:45 -0700
We are trying to correctly categorize and identify levels  of inpatient
lactation consultations.  Our thought is that there will be 3 levels....we
are calling them :  Low intensity visit, comprehensive visit, and high
intensity visit.  We have to list elements that comprise each level.  This
is independent of time.

We are to list elements which are characteristic of each level.  In other
words, if such and such were done, then it was a comprehensive visit.

Does any other hospital have this?   I would be interested in knowing how
other hospitals categorize lactation visits other than by time.

Thank you for sharing what you are doing.

Pardee Hinson, MPH, IBCLC
Carolinas Lactation Center
Carlotte, NC