From:
Marianne Vanderveen-Kolkena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:20:41 +0100
I forgot to say... if mothers only want to drink a glass of wine every now
and then, there is no risk when she takes care she doesn't feed within 2-3
hours after drinking (blood clean = milk clean, as serum and milk levels are
the same), but I suppose that is all wellknown to you. Seems like you are
looking for information on the effect of not so moderately drinking
mothers...? Always hard to balance: if she cannot stop drinking, should you
take away the benefits of breastfeeding as well? Other question is, apart
from the composition of the milk: will a heavily drinking mother be able to
look after her baby? (But then again: will she be able to properly measure
milk powder into clean water...? ;-))

Bye again,

Marianne Vanderveen, Netherlands