From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 14:16:52 PST
I do have a stack to file, but only about 6 ins. high.
At work, I/my coworkers have a file cabinet and we file articles,
handouts, lactnet posts (for our eyes only - not to be given out to pts;
we are all 3 lactnetters) under the appropriate alphabet. For example
assessment tools, bfhi, cancer, drugs, diet ..... supplementation, WBW,
WHO code, yeast, etc.
In our desk drawer there is a file drawer and we keep the things we use
most frequently like our charting forms, Motherwear booklets that we
give out, Dr. Jack's handouts.
I also have a clipboard hanging on the wall that is a "to do" list like
articles I want to get from the hosp library, etc. and when one of us
has time we try to get it or do the "to do" thing.
At home I have 3 file drawers and pretty much do it the same as above. I
also file in my computer and periodically BACK IT UP (THIS IS
IMPERATIVE) with a zip drive. I really should admit I ask my husband or
9 yo son to do this for me.  Anyways, my computer files are under
Laurie/Herbs (with individual info on herbs under this) like
Laurie/herbs/fenugreek or Laurie/Mediawatch/addresses. Then I have many,
many files in alphabetical order like above, e.g. hmbana is for milk
bank info; output, reflux, rabies, etc. I have some info that goes in
maybe two different files, and then I copy the info to both, like maybe
FTT and SUPPLEMENTATION. This works really well.
My only real problem is not having access to lactnet/archives/and all my
computer files at work. We don't even have a computer at work!
Laurie